Trump tweeted that 66% of the public think the economy is good or excellent in a new Quinnipiac poll which is the highest mark ever. That’s true but there’s lots of bad news in the poll which he ignored. While the economy mark is high, 49% give credit to Obama while 40% give credit to Trump.
The complete poll is here. The results are mostly bad for Trump. The summary includes:
“President Trump’s grades on most character traits are down significantly since his first post-inaugural poll January 26, 2017, as voters say:
- 63 – 34 percent that he is not honest;
- 59 – 39 percent that he does not have good leadership skills;
- 59 – 38 percent, that he does not care about average Americans;
- 59 – 39 percent that he is a strong person;
- 65 – 32 percent that he does not share their values.”