I am no expert so I won’t say much. To me:
- The execution of the withdrawal has been bad. It’s a failure of US intelligence that they didn’t know the government would collapse so quickly
- Biden made the right call.
- The public doesn’t care that much. It doesn’t affect most of us directly. I remember the dire warnings about what would happen to us if Vietnam fell to the communists and they were overblown.
- Media has given this too much coverage. It’s very dramatic but see #4. I saw very little coverage about Biden’s increase in food stamp amounts which affects more people right now.
- Bush, Obama and Trump deserve blame along with Biden.
- The media has been harsh on Biden just like they were on Hillary Clinton’s emails because they are afraid of Republican criticism that they are pro-Democrat.
- Trump and his supporters are lying about Trump’s role in this situation.
Here are some worthwhile takes from Twitter: