Democrats represent the growing areas but they still do more to look out for poor people than Republicans do.
America’s political-ec disconnect continues: A GOP Senate majority oriented to rural and “traditional” industries stands ready to block efforts to bolster the nation’s growing urban and suburban “knowledge” economy.
— Mark Muro (@MarkMuro1) November 26, 2018
Wow. I knew that there was a correlation between growing regional disparities and politics, but this is getting really stark. Dem districts radically more successful than R https://t.co/ReI8ZhlalE
— Paul Krugman (@paulkrugman) November 15, 2018
“Clinton won far fewer counties than Trump — she cleaned up in the more populous counties. But Clinton counties produced almost two-thirds of the country’s new jobs and nearly three-fourths of its economic growth in recent years.” https://t.co/YHJ41GvEWB
— Brandon (@redrummage) March 7, 2018
The 1/6th of counties Clinton won did account for 2/3 of GDP in 16. Both parties need to compete everywhere but given overlap between acceptance of eco & cultural change, future D gains more likely to come in the metro places ok w/change on both fronts than in those uneasy w/both https://t.co/DeLLJPFtIc
— Ronald Brownstein (@RonBrownstein) March 13, 2018
The coalition of transformation continues to drive the forward edge of economic innovation. Similar to Clinton counties representing 2/3 of GDP in 2016, though only 1/6 of all US counties. https://t.co/KXiyYTEx9V
— Ronald Brownstein (@RonBrownstein) November 15, 2018
It’s wrong for media to describe blue metro America as the bubble. Measured by economic output, racial & religious diversity, transition to Information Age, it is more reflective of what 21st century America is becoming than the non-metro places that have drawn so much coverage. https://t.co/7aBn1ofMzL
— Ronald Brownstein (@RonBrownstein) November 19, 2018
“… the most prosperous 20 percent of U.S. Zip codes account for the entire net increase in employment over that period. Across the remaining 80 percent of the United States, fewer jobs exist now than in 2007.” https://t.co/KV3My7KoHz
— Jenna Johnson (@wpjenna) December 6, 2018