I bet he has committed crimes in one or more of these areas. I don’t want him to be impeached because it will fail in the Senate. I want him to be indicted – if it has to wait until he is no longer president, then we’ll wait. I want him to go to jail if he is a criminal.
- Campaign finance fraud – if Michael Cohen is guilty, how can Trump not be guilty too? None of this would have happened without Trump’s infidelities. Trump got laid but Cohen got screwed.
- Trump Foundation – Trump used the foundation like a personal checkbook. The New York Attorney General is investigating this.
- Collusion – We don’t know if he colluded with the Russians. I’ll defer to Mueller on this one.
- Obstruction of justice – This seems more likely. There are things like the firing of Comey and Trump’s writing of the false statement about his son’s meeting with the Russians
- Tax Fraud – This was exposed by the New York Times. It could be pursued in civil court which has no time limits. Criminal tax cases usually have a six year limit.
- Emoluments – Trump is being sued by the attorneys general of Maryland and DC. The conflicts of interest are obvious when representatives of foreign countries have functions or stay at his properties. Some of Trump’s policies (such as those toward Saudi Arabia) could be influenced by his personal business interests.
- Money laundering – The Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee will investigate this next year when they take over
- Defamation lawsuit by Summer Dervos – still in process