Would Trump have won in 2016 if we knew then what we know now? We’ll never know but I don’t think so. I don’t think any one of these items would have cost him the election but cumulatively, they would have hurt him. The one with the least impact was the payouts to the two women. If Trump voters were ok with the Access Hollywood tape, this would not have changed their vote.
Here’s a list:
- Payouts to two women over alleged affairs
- Lies about campaign’s many contacts with Russians
- Dishonest about how much money he got from his family
- Turned down for loan by Deutsche Bank
- Efforts to build hotel in Moscow
- Corrupt Trump Foundation